Whether it’s the woman who stops to tell me I’m beautiful when I’m wearing sweatpants and forgot to put make-up on that morning. Or the man in the checkout lane at Walmart who lets me go in front of him. I love it when people do things like this for me or give me random compliments. It literally makes my day!! I stopped to think about it and realized…when was the last time I did something like that for someone? If random acts of kindness put a smile on my face, why can’t I go out of my way to cheer someone up today?
Ladies I challenge you to come up with at least 5 random acts of kindness every day. I need to work on this too. Let’s do it together!! It can be a simple thing like complimenting someone. I often see a woman at a restaurant who is absolutely beautiful. Why don’t I take a minute to step outside of my comfort zone and let her know? If a cashier or an employee at a store is doing a great job, tell them!
Here are some other ideas I came up with:
- Pay for the groceries of the person behind you in line
- Help someone load their car at Walmart
- Leave a gift for the mailman
- Send an anonymous encouragement letter
- Donate blood
- Free babysitting night for a single mom or a low income family
- Leave inspirational cards on cars
- Pick up litter
- Give someone a flower
- Offer your seat
- Return a shopping cart to it’s proper place
- Donate to the next tip jar you see
- Volunteer at a homeless shelter
- Go to a nursing home and visit with the residents
- Shovel your neighbor’s driveway
- Rake your neighbor’s yard
- Be a salvation army bell ringer
- Help pick up something that someone dropped
Can you come up with any others? Let me know what random acts of kindness you’ve done today! I’d love to hear from you!